Thursday, January 29, 2009

Owen Says...

  • Yesterday, as I was pulling out of the parking lot, Owen advised me to be "careful."
  • As you may know Jack Johnson did the soundtrack for The Curious George Movie and it featured a song called "People Watching". When that came on in the car Owen said "People watching. George."
  • He then told me that George got in trouble and was crying.
  • Owen has entered a "phase" where he is very, very possessive of any and all toys and does NOT share. He gets very angry when other kids try to play with any toys in his vicinity and will start hitting. He's done this at school some and when I asked him the other day what he did at school he said, "Hit. Andrew cried."
  • Owen was coloring on my paper and said "excuse me" as he pushed my hand aside to color in that spot.
  • Whenever Owen is enthusiastic or excited about something he adds an "-ers" to the end of some words. Yeppers is a prime example. Sammers for Sam is pretty cute too.
  • He has starting using "too" a lot. "Do you want to shoot hoops?" "Yeppers! Mommy too?"
  • He can count to six now.
  • My efforts to teach him colors were amiss. He's much too young for that and it is too abstract a concept. Now if I ask him what kind of something he wants but he doesn't really know how to answer, he responds in colors. Like, "What kind of bagel do you want?" "Red."