Sunday, October 26, 2008

Batman!

The relentless pursuit for Superhero Costume #2 finally ended in victory. Since Owen was Superman last year, we wanted to continue the trend with a superhero again this year. However, my attempts to find A boy costume of any sort in Owen's size, let alone a *superhero* one, was IMPOSSIBLE! I looked everywhere (Target, Old Navy, Fred Meyer, Party City, Spirit Halloween, Disney Store, Pottery Barn Kids, etc) to no avail (okay, I DID find a french fries one in his size but wasn't about to spring $99.95 for that one). So we gave up. Then today, we went to Toys'R'Us and I dug through the costume section and came out with that turtle guy from Wonder Pets (one of my personal favorite kid shows at least). As we wandered through the store, I managed to find a tagless batman costume tucked away in a shelf of dress up clothes! And it rang up at $9.99! So here you have it, Batman! (Oh and I haven't even attempted to put the mask/headdress on yet. Not only would Owen not likely tolerate it, but I'm fairly certain it would not fit on his gargantuan noggin.)



Halloween Costume 2008