Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Stimuli

Owen and I are up in Issaquah visiting my parents and crew. Owen has been fighting sleep here because he finds all of the new people, animals and things to be very, very entertaining. Plus now that he's officially walking everywhere, he must always be on the go!

As you can tell by yesterday's pictures, he's getting along well with his cousins. Mikah (5) really enjoys him and likes to help him out by holding his hand when he walks. Owen did something he was not supposed to do and she said to me, "you should have been watching him. .... do you want me to watch him?" Haha. Kellen (3) says "he should take a nap" which is code for "he needs to stop playing with my toys."

Owen is fascinated with the tiny 3-pound dog, Porter. He tries to pet him but it is more like swatting and hair-pulling so Porter isn't actually too big of a fan of Owen. I also could not get Owen to try apple pie but he did try some dog food. And I have to hide Porter's dish to keep him from going back for more. Luckily, Porter is well-fed and his food is all-natural, organic, etc, etc. Owen also likes to follow the cat around the house, although the cat is much, much too fast for him, and he learned a long time ago that little boys are not his friend, thanks to Kellen.

Here are some more pictures from today.