Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Week 37 Update

My pregnancy is now considered full term — meaning Owen is developmentally ready to handle life outside the womb. He probably weighs a little over 6 pounds at this point and measures between 19 and 20 inches, head to heel.

I haven’t been able to feel the Braxton Hicks contractions that I am surely having … until now. Sometimes my Braxton Hicks contractions (that I cannot feel at all in the front) are a bit painful in the lower back. Nothing too bad. On Monday, however, they wouldn’t stop so I had to leave work early to lay down. Which did the trick. They went right away.

At the last appointment my doctor confirmed that Owen was head-down. Hopefully he’ll stay that way! She also hasn’t said anything about him probably being a big baby like his dad, which I’ve just been waiting and waiting to hear! Despite how large I seem to look, my stomach measurements are still very average.

My doctor is now out on vacation for two weeks, so he’s not allowed to come early! I don’t think that will be the case though. I think first babies are usually late.

I am now only working six-hour days because my doctor wants me to rest more. The swelling in my feet, ankles and legs is out-of-hand. Next Tuesday, the 27th of March is my last day at work before I start my maternity leave. I am looking forward to not having to sit at a desk all day. But hopefully I don’t get too bored at home either!