Sunday, December 30, 2007

Little Rascal

We've been busy trying to keep up with our crawler AND walker! We've had to completely stop using the changing table to change diapers because Owen immediately rolls over and starts crawling towards the edge of the table. So now we use the good ol' floor, on which he also likes to quickly roll over and crawl away. Below are some pictures of his antics after I was able to at least wrestle a diaper on him (I'm getting pretty good at diapering a baby from the crawling position, I must say). Often times he'll be crawling around with a shirt half on. Diapering and dressing time seem to be pretty much the only times he's actually interested in crawling though (anything to escape!). The rest of the time he is frantically grasping for hands to help him stand and walk or pulling himself up on something.

We made the observation that despite all of the things Owen has figured out how to do lately he can't sit himself up. Of course later that day when I went in to get him from a nap he was sitting up in his crib!

Here he crawled away towards the bathroom but I shut the door on him to keep him from climbing into the toilet! I know, I'm so mean!



The following picture is of Owen in his new board shorts that he got for Christmas so he can go swimming in the indoor pool. He's already been twice since Christmas!